Friday, January 27, 2012

Week 5, Run 3 (The Big Run!)




I’ve got to say that God has definitely been helping me with my runs; I’ve yet to have a day where the conditions were too bad to go running! This fact has helped me greatly, as I fear I’ll have less discipline if I get off track with my running.

This morning was no exception to the nice weather! It was almost warm enough for me to run in a t-shirt, even in the dark (I still chose sweatshirt, too)! I got ready as quick as possible, so I wouldn’t be too awake before my (GASP) 20-minute run!

I arrived at the normal time and set out on my warm-up walk. It surprised me that coach Claire came on to give me a “pep talk” before my warm-up was even over! But, before I knew it, she told me it was time to start running. So I started running. And running. And running. Before I knew it, Claire told me that I’d already run for 5 minutes! I must have spaced out in that time, because before I thought about how long I’d been running, the 10-minute cue came on! Then the 15-minute cue! I didn’t even have time to worry about how far I’d gone when coach Claire told me that I’d made it! I didn’t have to count down the minutes or anything! Claire told me something special, and it’s made me feel amazing! (If you wanna find out what she said, you’re gonna have to run this run :D)

One thing I’ve noticed: my breathing has gotten SOO much better over the past 5 weeks! My resting heart rate has definitely lowered, and I no longer gasp for air during my runs. It’s absolutely wonderful!

My legs have been tired today, but I’m ecstatic that I can feel the results of my run today!

One thing I can say: I’m a real runner now!

Keep up your own good work, and remember that no matter how long the journey, it all starts with 1 step!

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully my 20 minute run will go just as well in a week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...how did I not see this milestone of yours! Congrats! I'm very happy for you and your progress. You give me hope for sure! I'm heading into my 5 minute runs and that seems super long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, your will definitely go well! I promise :D

    And thanks, Stephanie! I really hoped your 3-minute runs would be easy for you, and it seems you did amazing! Can't wait to hear about your 5-minute runs!

    ReplyDelete