Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Water!




I know it’s my day to rest to prepare for tomorrow’s run, but I have to make a confession: I started running the week between Christmas and New Year’s, so regulating my food and drink intake has been a very poor affair. I’ve been drinking a ton of soda, and I’ve eaten so many treats, I’m surprised I haven’t turned into a gingerbread man!

I’m not promising a complete change in my lifestyle (as far as food is concerned), but I’m ready to change what I drink. Yes, it’s that dreaded water talk. We all know that water is extremely good for us, yet almost no one drinks the recommended 8 glasses a day. I decided that I would like to change that.

I’m not saying that I’ll cut every single unhealthy drink from my diet, but I would like to drink a ton more water. Any internet article will show the numerous benefits of a steady amount of water, so I’ve decided to listen.

CHALLENGE: (A challenge is mostly for me, but if you would like to do it, too, then go right ahead!) Drink 8 glasses of water a day (EVEN REST DAYS) until I run my first 5k race.

I sure hope I can keep this! Well, that’s it for today. See ya again tomorrow after my run!

1 comment:

  1. You will find that you will start drinking more water as you are doing more exercise without really thinking about it.

    Your body will be craving water during the runs and you need to start hydrating from the day before.

    I aim to have 2 glasses at the major meals and one at snack time (this equates to 8 glasses). On run days, I drink 2 of those glasses just before I go out to complete a session.

    Replace your sugar loaded drinks with water during the week. You will find it will take 3 days to get over the cravings. Then on weekends you may have a few.

    Also, carrying around a water bottle will help too as you will sip on it without too much thought.

    ReplyDelete