Friday, January 20, 2012

Health Check 3!


Good day to everybody! Time for a Thursday Health Check!

Before I do measurements, I should take note of something strange, but wonderful. I’ve noticed that, since I’ve started Get Running, my eating habits have been gradually improving. For instance, since I’m required to get up earlier for running, I’ve been regularly eating a healthy breakfast each day, which has lessened my appetite for junkier and “unfilling” foods throughout the rest of the day. Also, since my challenge to drink 8 glasses of water a day, I’ve almost completely stopped drinking unhealthy drinks! I limit myself to small amounts of soda pop each week, and I drink so much water that I haven’t been bothered by my smaller intakes of caffeine. So then, maybe running is actually twofold: it not only helps me exercise, but makes me feel better about eating healthier!

That being said, I’m really hoping that some of my healthier decisions will be reflected by today’s health check! Haha!

Alright, here’s today’s measurements:

WEIGHT: I lost 0 lb. this week. On the brighter side of things, I gained 0 lb. this week, too! I’m definitely okay with that! This means that I have lost 2 pounds to date. I’m at 223 right now, and hopefully heading down!

WAIST: 37” That’s down an inch and a half from when I first started! So the total loss for my waist is 1 ½ inches to date.

ARMS: 13 ½”, each down an inch in the past 2 weeks! Which brings my totally arm loss to 2” to date.

NECK: 16 ½” That’s half an inch I’m never gonna welcome back! Woo! So that means that my neck has lost ½” to date.

CALVES: 15 ½”, both down from two weeks ago, when they measured 16 ½” each! So that brings my calves down 2” to date.

I lost all the way around the board this week! I know that can’t happen every week, but I’m enjoying how good I feel to pull out the tape measure to see how well I’ve been doing! Keep up the great work with all that you do, and always remember that every journey, no matter how long, starts with 1 step! 

No comments:

Post a Comment