Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 3, Run 1




I’ll start off by saying that today was a self-induced bad run, but it turned out good! I made two changes today to my previous runs, and felt the effects of both.

I got up, did my “get ready to run” routine, and then headed out the door. Before I left, I couldn’t shake the feeling that I was forgetting something. I couldn’t think of what I might be forgetting, so I went to the park and started running.

Halfway through my first minute-and-a-half run, I remembered: I forgot to use my inhaler. Normally, when I exercise in cold weather, I can barely breathe. Today, however, I noticed that, although breathing was very difficult, I was surviving! I decided not to push myself to run fast, but instead to just finish my run. This seemed to work just fine!

At the end of my run, I could barely breathe, but I made it through all my runs! I found and used my inhaler the minute I got back, and I feel so much better now!

Wow, three minutes seems so long! Anyone can sit on a couch for three minutes and not notice a thing, but when you’re running for that amount of time, you really notice how long it is! It’s difficult, but most definitely do-able! I’m glad I have coach Claire’s voice to help me through all the difficulties.

Tomorrow’s a challenge day, and I’m not sure what I want to do yet, but no doubt it will be… erm, challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment