Saturday, January 21, 2012

Back & Forth 4


I ran my first night-time run this week!



Back and Forth 4? How can this be? Didn’t he skip last week, and the week before that was Back and Forth 1? I’m so confused!

Well, don’t be! I’m just using the number to describe what week this post is describing (should have thought of that two weeks ago, huh?).

What a week this has been! At the start of it, I was skiing down wintry slopes in Michigan, then came home to spring-like weather, and then watched it shift back to an icy winter at my house!

I feel like I’ve made a ton of improvement this week as far as the running goes. My legs have felt achy (in a good way) after each run, so that they feel stronger by the next time around. Also, the time for my runs almost doubled, shifting from 9 to 16 minutes! I didn’t think it would be an easy feat, but with patience and endurance, I was able to conquer every challenge before me! It’s been said time and time again, but the makers of this app sure knew what they were doing when they designed it.

This week, I’ve also sustained my first athletic injury. My toe and foot are in pain, but I smile when I think that I actually “earned” this injury as a “reward” for running!

Taking a look ahead to next week, I will be running the ginormous 20 minute run! Monday and Wednesday will be shorter (I smile when I type shorter, thinking how 5 minutes now seems short after week 1’s grueling 1-minute runs) runs that work up to the large run on Friday. I know I’ll be nervous about finishing it, but so many others that have followed the program have said that the large task is completely do-able.

In terms of weather, I have no idea what this week will bring, but I have full and complete intentions of running 20 minutes on Friday! Woohoo!

As you go about this next week, remember to do your best at everything! Don’t be worried about any impossibly large tasks before you; just step back and take them a moment at a time, because every journey, no matter how large, starts with 1 step.

No comments:

Post a Comment