Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 4, Run 1


Catching Up

Wow! What a weekend this has been! Shortly after leaving for Michigan on Friday (an 8-hour trip), our bus broke down on the side of the road. Four hours and a different bus later, we headed on our way! I got to ski with all my friends on Saturday and Sunday, making this weekend pretty much perfect.

As far as exercising, I feel like my calves got a couple pretty good workouts in the ski boots. After the weekend of worship and skiing, we made it back last night just in time for me to start my run…



Starting Week 4

The sun had already gone down upon our arrival home from skiing, so I hatched a plan for my run. I asked my younger sister to follow me in the car to shine headlights on my path, and she happily agreed. Pretty soon, she had enlisted two of her friends and my older sister to join her on this run!

So I started out running week 4 in the dark, a bit nervous about the thought of running 5 minute-segments. With the headlights behind me, I started into my first 3-minute run, which turned out to be a breeze! After my minute and a half cool-down, coach Claire told me it was time for my first 5-minute run!

The 5-minute runs seemed super easy last night, because I had the support of the four girls in the car behind me, who rolled their windows down and shouted their encouragements at me. What fun! I only wish everybody could have their own person cheerleaders when running. It made me feel great, and the my longest run yet seemed surprisingly short and easy!



I found the 5-minute runs pretty easy, and my 3-minute runs (my older sister joined me for one of them, and we had a blast!)  were a piece of cake! I can’t wait to do the run tomorrow!

Tuesday Challenge?

Today is Tuesday, which means that I’m supposed to present a challenge for myself. I have some trouble coming up with my ideas, but I finally came up with one this weekend. However, I think I’ll test it out this week before making it an official challenge.

Even though there’s not a new challenge this week, I’m gonna keep going with my old ones! Remember them? They are:

-Drink 8 glasses of water a day
-Get 9 hours of sleep a night

Good luck to everybody else running, and be sure to stay healthy and safe! Don’t be discouraged, and always remember that every journey, no matter how large, starts with 1 step!

No comments:

Post a Comment