Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 2, Run 3



I slept til 8 this morning, but the dread of instantly going out for a run made it feel more like 5. I got up and did my becomingly-normal routine of drinking water and getting ready, and then I headed out! I mentioned on Wednesday that I would be running at a park in the town where my grandma lives (a new running scene for me), so that’s exactly what I did this morning.

I’ve heard of other runners feeling insecure while running in the same area as others, and haven’t been able to relate with them thus far. However, while I was running this morning, the two (almost a crowd!) other people in the park made me feel awkwardly nervous. But I quickly shoved off the feeling and ran.

As far as endurance, I found this run to be the best of the week. I happily finished after 3 laps around the park (I have no idea on the distance; maybe I should look into it). I didn’t feel overly tired, and my legs felt almost good when I was done stretching!

Looking ahead to next week’s running schedule, I can see that I’ll be running the same amount (9 minutes), but with different times (2 circuits of 1 ½ minute running, 1 ½ minute walking, 3 minutes running, then 3 minutes walking). I’m excited about next week, but I’m even more looking forward to 3 weeks from now, when I’ll be running 20 minutes straight! It’s thrilling to know that the ability to achieve such a long run is less than a month away!


No comments:

Post a Comment