Saturday, January 7, 2012

Back and Forth 1


Our Bible Quiz team!


Before I get into today’s blog post, I would like to take a moment to show off my wonderful Bible Quizzing team! Today, we spent the day in fierce competition against teams from 4 states, on our home turf! After 7 team quiz rounds, we finished the day undefeated, a feat which rarely occurs in groups of such advanced teams. This was our team’s first time getting a first place trophy in almost 2 years! It’s been a great day! I’m proud to be captain of such a wonderful team!

I may have been late publishing several posts these last few days, but I made it through the week, which seems to be a big accomplishment to me :D

Looks like it’s time for our first Back and Forth Day! So here’s this past week in review:

What I liked:

-My legs stopped hurting! After week 1, I thought my legs were going to fall off. Thankfully, this week was a completely different story. Whatever was hurting felt a ton better, so I was able to enjoy (mostly) painless runs this week!

-I feel good! I’ve heard of the term “runner’s high,” and I’m pretty sure I’ve been experiencing it to some extent. I feel slightly more confident, more physically fit, and more able to accomplish large tasks.

-Changing it up! Running on the road in front of my house is fun, but I found it extremely entertaining to look around at the change of scenery at the park. I hope to start running in even more places as time progresses!

What I didn’t like:

-Baby, it’s cold outside! I can’t change the fact that it’s winter, so I guess I’ll just have to learn to cope with the frigid weather. Brrr!

-Slowing down. I notice that, as a run progresses, I start running slower. I suppose this is only normal for someone who just “got off the couch” less than two weeks ago, so hopefully, my speed will only progress with time!

...And a look ahead into next week:

-From 1 ½ minutes to 3! I’m extremely excited to get running in segments of 3 minutes as opposed to a minute and a half. I have a lot of room for improvement, so this will only help me improve!


Thanks so much for following me through my journey this week! Come back next week for even more fun and maybe even a few surprises along the way!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment