Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Week 6, Run 2




I can’t believe this morning was this morning! My, how it’s been a long day!

I had a dream last night that I completely slept through my alarm, missed my run and, in turn, had an awful day because of it! I think it’s kind of funny that even my subconscious is actually looking forward to the runs! I guess I’ve finally found the kind of exercise I actually enjoy :D

This morning’s run was two 10-minute runs with a 3-minute break between. Before starting this morning, I thought, haha, I just ran 20 minutes straight less than a week ago with ease, so doing it in two steps will be twice as easy, right? WRONG! I got overconfident during the first run, and over-paced myself. The result? I didn’t have enough energy to keep up that kind of speed during my second run. My legs screamed at me to stop and walk for just a couple of seconds, but I did my best to force them on. It also helped that the song “Slow Motion” was playing during this time (the song mentioned on my Motivation page). It gave me just the boost of inspiration that I needed to keep my legs goin’!

On paper, today’s run might seem like a drawback, but I’m most definitely counting it as a big step forward! I finally pushed myself to the point where I felt I had no remaining energy, and then some! My legs have felt the results of today’s run all through the day, and I love it!

*****BREAKING UPDATE!*****
Okay, so it’s not too breaking, but I had to keep your attention for just a couple more paragraphs. :D Today, my family started a “Biggest Loser” challenge to see who could lose the most weight. I know that weight loss isn’t my main goal in running, but I figure that this might motivate me to stay on a healthy eating track while I run!

I’m not sure how this will work yet, but I’ll try to post my standings in the contest each week (most likely on Saturdays). I’m up against some tough competition (hehe!), but I’m takin’ them all down! The competition ends sometime in April, which will end just around the time I get a good start on Bridge to 10K!

As always, keep up all the great work you do! Keep persevering on your journey and remember that no matter how long your journey may be, it all starts with 1 step!

No comments:

Post a Comment