Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Motivation Tuesday!


Week 7… I’m still shocked that I have only 3 weeks of running until I can (supposedly) run a 5k without stopping! After my run yesterday, my family commented that they can’t believe that I’ve actually stuck with this program! And honestly, neither can I! :D

In past weeks, Tuesdays have been Challenge Days. But, as I’m down to my last 3 weeks of normal blogging (sniff, sniff), I think I’ve challenged myself enough; now  it’s time to work on any future newcomers. Long after I finish this program, it is my hope that many more people will stumble on this blog and decide to start running! (If you are one of those people, please keep reading!)

So, for the next 3 weeks, we’re going to have MOTIVATION TUESDAYS!

Now, buckle up, get in a good mood, and get ready to be motivated!!

This week we’re going to focus on legs!

As you go from nothing to running, a big transformation is going to take place in your limbs; particularly, in your legs. The first week of running, my legs were not used to being up and moving, so they instantly put up a rebellion. By the second run of week 1, I getting out of bed was like climbing a mountain, and walking through the house was the equivalent of swimming across the ocean. I was in AGONY.

Week 2: My legs started realizing that I wasn’t going to quit running, so they quit the rebellion and gave in to my objections. (I later found out that during this time, my legs were building up muscle that hadn’t existed before, so it was a painful process. I guess that, when you start running, your muscle “rips” apart to make room for new muscles to join the party! It’s painful, but makes the difference in your running.)

Week 3: My legs no longer hurt. In fact, I quit dreading my morning runs and was ready for them.

Jump ahead to weeks 6 and 7: My legs LOVE running! I feel a “burn” after each run, but it only excites me even more for the next one! My morning runs have turned from agony to pure amazingness!

I’m not guaranteeing that you’re going to see the exact same results, but you’ll never know how it will turn out for you until you get out and try! If you’re in pain the first week, you might be discouraged, but never give up!

I hope you get outside (or on the treadmill) and find out what YOU are capable of achieving! Do your best and always keep persevering! And most of all, do something great for yourself! Don’t be discouraged and always remember that your journey, no matter how daunting it may at first seem, or how long it is, it all starts with 1 step!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! The burn that you like in the legs (that excited you)...I experienced that today!

    ReplyDelete