Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Catching Up!


Welcome! I feel as if I’ve been gone forever! It was just time for an impromptu break from the online world, and it’s been quite beneficial! I’ve gotten so much done this past week, and my running has even improved! Well, I’ll start with Friday (I’ve decided to put off the Health Check until this Thursday) and work my way up to today! 3 blog posts in one! :D

Week 7, Run 3

I woke up Friday morning to a bunch of birthday balloons surrounding my bed! Two months ago, if I had told myself that I would be running 2.5 miles on my 18th birthday, I’m sure I would have laughed. But that’s exactly what I did! I felt great all day, having made it through four 25-minute runs! I even pushed myself to achieve the same distance goal that I had reached on Wednesday! I’m counting that as a large success in my book!

Back & Forth 7

Only 2 weeks til I finish the program, 6 weeks til my first 5k, and 12 weeks until I can supposedly run a 10k! The numbers are slowly decreasing, and I’m getting more and more excited! I’m not fully sure what I’m going to be doing after I get done with Bridge to 10k, but I know that it will definitely involve me working to improve my running!

This past week made me feel rather successful! I ran a total of 75 minutes (the first week I was barely running a total of 24! That’s less than ONE of my runs this past week!), and felt absolutely amazing! As winter slowly turns to spring, my runs are filled with just a little more light each time I go running!

I’m not sure how I’ll be at the end of next week (actually, it’s this week, but who’s keeping track?), but I can definitely see myself improving on my distance!

Week 8, Run 1

Yesterday’s run had an added surprise! A few weeks ago, my neighbor who’s a few years younger than me got started using Get Running. His sister, who is my age, decided to go running with him, and they’ve been running partners since! And since the three of us are all running, my sister decided to start running, too! It’s become an epidemic!

So, we all decided to get up nice and early yesterday to go running before school! Talk about encouragement! The four of us all ran together and witnessed the sunrise, and got to have some healthy fun along with our chats! I was having so much fun that I forgot how long I had been running. I honestly had absolutely no problems finishing the 28-minute run!

My pace was kind of slow yesterday, but I still ran a couple of miles (I think), which is 2 miles farther than I was regularly running 2 months ago! My, how things have changed, and for the good this time!

Motivation Tuesday… is gonna have to be pushed back until next week. Sorry, I’ve run out of time and need to prepare for tomorrow’s run!

If you have any doubts about starting a running program, push them all aside and get outside! There’s no shame in walking, hobbling, or bouncing around! Know that you can ALWAYS do it, and remember that your journey, no matter how long it may be, all starts with 1 step!

1 comment:

  1. What app are you going to use to go to 10ks?? My body is still getting used to 5k runs hehe, some are good, some I struggle..can't say I have 100% mastered it!!

    Still can't crack the 5ks in 30 minutes, I think I need to coach myself better! I will start the 10k program when you do...

    ReplyDelete