Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 6, Run 3




Running is a lot like raising a child; it’s a lot more fun to talk about than it is to actually do. :D

Surprisingly, I hardly worried when I saw that today’s run was 25 minutes straight. In fact, I actually looked forward to it!

I got up earlier than normal this morning (6am), since today’s session was going to last 35 minutes, and I wanted to have some extra time to rest before school. I headed out in the dark, “warmed up” for 5 minutes, and then started running!

Coach Claire came on with a cue after 5 minutes, and I felt great! I thought back on how, 5 weeks ago, my breathing was awful. I was hacking and wheezing my way through all my runs! Then, I remembered that I’d forgot my inhaler today! But my breathing felt completely fine! If you remember a few weeks ago, I forgot my inhaler on one of my runs and suffered quite a bit. After that run, I had to hurry back to use my inhaler, since I thought my lungs would explode! But today, I didn’t even feel like I needed any medication all through my run, and I even didn’t use it once I got back home! Talk about exciting!

The rest of the run went very well! After Wednesday’s run, I learned that I really need to pace myself. So that’s just what I did today: I kept my legs at a nice and slow pace the whole time.

I’m now at the point where my runs are all continuous and slowly increase to 30 minutes! I can hardly believe I’m down to the last 3 weeks of the program! This has all been so fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment