Saturday, March 24, 2012

Part 2!


A month ago, I signed off from this blog, asking you to follow me on the next part of my journey. I am pleased to announce that it’s finally here! Welcome back to “Part 2” of my journey to become fit!

So, let me fill you in on what the last 4 weeks have involved… I’ve run at least 3 times each week, varying my workouts ever so slightly. The first week after Get Running,  I stuck with the workout for week 9, pushing myself to run just a little faster in those 30 minutes than I did the week before. The second week, I started pushing myself to run farther distances than the week before. I went slower but farther. These past two weeks, I have been working on combining the speed with the distance, working up to 3 miles (5k) in around 30 minutes!

Those past 4 weeks have worked up to today, which was a rather special day. This morning, I ran my first 5k race!



People are right when they tell you that nothing beats the excitement of running with so many others, and then screaming at the finish when they are cheering you on! It was such a refreshing experience! And I wouldn’t have done a step of it, had it not been for the past 13 weeks of training that all started by downloading an app on my iPod.

So, what now? I am ready to push myself harder, and I have a plan for it! Starting on Monday, I begin the first of 6 weeks of running the Bridge to 10k program. I downloaded it the same day I downloaded the Get Running app, and at that time, I wondered if I would even use it. But here I am, and I’m ready for this! I only hope that you’ll join me in my journey by trying something new!

Don’t get discouraged, and always remember that your journey, no matter how long it may be, all starts with 1 step…

On your mark, get set, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment