Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bridge 2


They say that every hour you exercise, you extend your life by one hour. That means that, since I started running, I have extended my life by about… one day. Well, I can only hope that that day is jam-packed with incredible things! :D

During Monday’s run, I hadn’t yet worked with my B210k app, so I was music-less the entire time. Wow! A ten-minute run seems much longer when there’s no music! You can be sure that I was glad to have it back today!

Honestly, because of how long Monday’s run seemed, I was dreading today’s run. I didn’t want to do it, but I know that I’ll never get to 10k at a time without some discipline. So I put on my shorts, tied my shoes, and headed out. I walked to the park, ran 4 laps (I think) around it, and headed back for home. I spend the entire time singing along to my music and playing guitar in a pretend concert, so time passed much quicker than it did the other day! Four 10-minute runs and three 1-minute walks later, I was done!

It feels like I’m right at the beginning of Get Running, only this time, I’m running ten minutes at a time instead of one minute! Each run will only get me farther on my journey! I just gotta remember that it all starts with 1 step!

No comments:

Post a Comment