Friday, March 30, 2012

Bridge, Boredom, and Bugs (#3)


Since starting running in December, this week has been the week that I have hated the most. I’m not trying to be a Debby Downer, I was just extremely unprepared for how much time each workout would entail. But I guess I’ll get used to it! :D

Well, spring has sprung! And with it, so have all the bugs. The 1-minute “breaks” between runs turned out to be a chance for mosquitos, gnats, and flies to take over my face and show me their newly-metamorphosed bodies. I wasn’t that thrilled with them. That means I’m going to have to start lathering in vanilla before runs from now on! (Really, vanilla works better than any bug spray! Just put some on a cotton ball and cover your face, arms, and legs with a thin layer! As a bonus, you’ll smell really good while you wear it!)

The worst part of running for longer times isn’t the time, the distance, or the energy that I spend. In fact, I just get plain bored while on the route. I listen to music, but find that I get bored of hearing the same songs. Maybe I just need to come up with some stories to keep going in my head! Then I can write them and become a best-selling author and be rich! Yeah…

I can look forward to next week and see that each day consists of three 15-minute runs with breaks of 1 minute between each one. Maybe running three runs instead of four will be of some help to relieve the boredom!

So don’t be a Debby Downer! Instead, be a Positive Polly! After all, she’s much more fun to hang around; it’s because she knows that her journey, no matter how large it may be, all starts with 1 step!  

No comments:

Post a Comment