Monday, March 26, 2012

Bridge 1


After a month of the same workout, I was looking forward to today’s first run of the Bridge to 10k program! However, I seem to have forgotten how big of a task it is to extend a run by 10 minutes.

The last time I was in the habit of writing on this blog, the weather was still gloomy and ever-changing, as winter always seems to be around here. Since then, however, flowers have bloomed, the grass has turned green, and the weather has warmed about 30 degrees! Yep, spring is in full bloom! As an added bonus for my runs, the smells of flowers and freshly-mowed grass only encourage me to keep going!

As for today’s run, I quickly learned that my new coach isn’t as sweet as Claire. She’s a very “to-the-point” kind of coach, with single-word instructions such as “Run!,” Walk!,” and “Cool Down!” (not a single word, but you get my point). Until I come up with a name for her, as I always answer back to the iPod (strange, but fun!), I’m just gonna call her Claire.

The running part of my run consisted of 4 10-minute runs, with a 1-minute walk between runs. The runs were easy as far as running is concerned (and over the past month, more people frequent the park, so I get to greet them and smile!), but I could feel myself running slower during each run, as I apparently didn’t ration my energy well enough. But I have to remember that I’m back to the learning stage of things, so I’m going to have more difficulties than I’ve been facing while running my 5k route over and over.

By my next run, I’ll hopefully feel better and be more able to save my energy for the later runs. But until then, it’s time to rest and enjoy the wonderful weather with which God has blessed us! As for you, remember that your journey, no matter how large it may be, all starts with 1 step!

No comments:

Post a Comment